This is a great recipe for a quick but hearty lunch. The organic chickpeas make the dish super healthy too.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 250g of boiled organic chickpeas. We stock the ‘Alce Nero’ ones in a jar – they taste amazing!
- 1 small onion
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt / Ground black pepper
- Pinch of dried thyme
- Pinch of dried oregano
- 180g of small pasta like Mista Corta or broken up spaghetti
- Step 1. Drain the organic chickpeas and put half of them in a blender. If they are too thick after blending add some of the pasta cooking water or some vegetable stock.
- Step 2. Finely chop the onion and heat the vegetable stock.
- Step 3. Heat the garlic and onion in the oil until golden for about 5 minutes, add a pinch of salt and one or two spoonfuls of vegetable stock.
- Step 4. Add a ladle of vegetable stock, the whole chickpeas, a pinch of thyme and oregano & leave to cook on a high heat for a few minutes.
- Step 5. Mix the blended chickpeas with half a ladle of vegetable stock and add to the pan. Leave for a few minutes.
- Step 6. Add the rest of the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and stir frequently whilst it is cooking. Add some vegetable stock if necessary keeping the mixture fairly liquid as it will tend to thicken once the pasta has cooked.
- Step 7. When the pasta is ready, add salt if necessary and a little ground black pepper. Let the pasta cool down for 5 minutes with the lid on the pan and serve with a little drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on top. Add grated Parmesan if desired.